Community Response to Wind Farms
Understanding community responses to wind farms
A study of local views of five wind farms in the eastern Lake Ontario region
What is this study about?
- The purpose of this study is to try and understand why wind farms are controversial in the eastern Lake Ontario region (focussing on five existing and potential wind farms in south-eastern Prince Edward County, Amherst Island, Wolfe Island and Loyalist Township) and offer recommendations to communities and policy-makers for navigating wind farm controversy
Who is behind this study?
- Dr. Stewart Fast from the Department of Geography at Queen’s University is leading the study. Stewart is funded by an endowment to support post-doctoral research in the Department. There is no funding from companies or organizations active in wind energy development or from wind farm opponent groups.
What are you going to do?
- People that are active in wind energy in the eastern Lake Ontario region will be interviewed and asked to rank a number of statements about wind power
- People from three groups are asked to participate: (1) wind farm opponents (2) wind farm proponents (3) officials involved in decision-making and planning
Who can I contact for more information?
- You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATES (opinion statements used in ranking and more)
There are no comments yet, add one below.